Persist list with MyBatis

As MyBatis is a basic ORM, when we need to persista list of objects, we have to implement it manually, but without any copy/paste between classes. For this purpose, I designed a generic merger which is responsible of that task.
It has to go through a list of objects and determine:

  1. what is new and needs to be created
  2. what is not there meaning it has been deleted
  3. what was already here and needs to be updated

To identify in which case we are, we need to provide it a java.util.Comparator and also a Dao to be able to interact with the database.

This is done in one main class (which uses also what I described in a previous post)

package net.classnotfound.data.dao.utils;

import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.Collection;
import java.util.Comparator;
import java.util.Iterator;
import java.util.List;

import net.classnotfound.capability.Identifiable;
import net.classnotfound.data.dao.Dao;

/**
 * This class is used to merge a list with another list. It is helpful when we need to marge a list of elements
 * which come from the GUI with the list in the database
 * @author roussehe
 *
 * @param <T> the type of element we have to manage
 */
public class MergerList<T extends Identifiable> {
    
    private Dao<T> dao;
    
    private Finder<T> finder;
    
    /**
     * 
     * @param dao the dao used to merge the new or existing entries and to delete the removed ones 
     * @param comparator the comparator used to know if an element already exists in the DB
     */
    public MergerList(Dao<T> dao, Comparator<T> comparator) {
        super();
        this.dao = dao;
        this.finder = new Finder<>(comparator);
    }

    /**
     * merge the 2 lists, making comparison between existing/new/removed entries and persist the data in the database
     * @param oldEntryList the list coming from the db (usually)
     * @param newEntryList the new list we need to persist
     */
    public void mergeList(List<T> oldEntryList, List<T> newEntryList) {
        List<T> mergedEntries = new ArrayList<>();
        List<T> deletedEntries = new ArrayList<>();
        //we have to go through the 2 lists and check it one by one
        if(oldEntryList!=null&& !oldEntryList.isEmpty()) {
            //here, we check the entries which are present or not in the old list
            for (T entry : oldEntryList) {
                T found = finder.findMember(entry, newEntryList);
                if (found!=null) {//if found, we have to update it
                    mergedEntries.add(found);
                } else {//not found means it must be deleted from db
                    deletedEntries.add(entry);
                }
            }
        }
        if(newEntryList!=null&& !newEntryList.isEmpty()) {
            //here we check the entries which are only present in the new list
            for (T entry : newEntryList) {
                T found = finder.findMember(entry, oldEntryList);
                if(found == null) {//if not found in db, it's a new entry
                    mergedEntries.add(entry);
                }//if found, it is already managed in the previous loop
            }
        }
        //process records
        deleteEntries(deletedEntries);
        mergeEntries(mergedEntries);
    }

    
    /** As my Dao can manage create and update, it is done in one time.
     * @param mergeEntries
     */
    private void mergeEntries(List<T> mergeEntries) {
        for (T t: mergeEntries) {
            dao.merge(t);
        }
        
    }

    private void deleteEntries(Collection<T> deletedItems) {
        for (T t: deletedItems) {
            dao.delete(t);
        }
    }
    
    /**
     * This class is a helper class to find an object in a list of items
     *
     * @param <R>
     */
    private class Finder<R>{
        private Comparator<R> comp;
        
        Finder(Comparator<R> comp) {
            super();
            this.comp = comp;
        }

        /**
         * This method is responsible of getting object from the provided list.
         * @param entry
         * @param list
         * @return the object if found, or null otherwise
         */
        R findMember(R entry, List<R> list) {
            R found = null;
            if(list!=null&&!list.isEmpty()) {
                for (Iterator<R> iterator = list.iterator(); iterator.hasNext()&&found==null;) {
                    R currEntry = iterator.next();
                    if(comp.compare(entry, currEntry)==0)
                        found = currEntry;
                }
            }
            return found;
        }
    }
}

Done 😀

Unlock Informix table

First, get the sessid using the following sql:

select unique
dbsname db,
tabname table,
case
when type="S" then "shared lock"
when type="IS" then "intent shared lock"
when type="SIX" then "shared intent excl lock"
when type="XS" then "shared key value by RR"
when type="IX" then "intent excl lock"
when type="X" then "exclusive lock"
when type="XR" then "excl key value by RR"
when type="U" then "update lock"
when type="B" then "byte lock"
else
"unknown lock type"
end lock_type,
lpad(owner,5) ses_id,
lpad(waiter,5) wait_id
from sysmaster:syslocks
where tabname != 'sysdatabases';

And check the table concerned by the lock. Using its session id, you can now unlock it with:

>onmode -z <sess_id>

Thanks to this thread